Lecturer at Long Beach City College and California State University Long Beach
My CSULB office is in PH1-215. My Fall 2016 schedule is MW 9:30-11:00 or by appointment.
We need notetakers for Fall 2016. If you are interested please contact DSPS at the following link. You can now upload notes via the Internet and you get early registration .
USC Topping scholarship information
Websites with blank maps
Transcripts What's Up With the Weather
Transcripts World in the Balance: The People Paradox
Transcripts An Inconvenient Truth
ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT CALCULATOR
Job information and college information for Environmental Science
Also our local universities have programs: CSULB B.A. and B.S. in Environmental Science and Policy and a closely related field B.A. in Geography, CSUF Masters in Environmental science
Other sources for looking at all colleges and degree programs is The College Blue Book. Which would be in a library.
Free view programs
Spring 2017 Syllabus
Activities that you will need to download or print
Activities pdf format
Activities Word format
I will keep a list of activities we do as we progress through the semester.
Activity list #1
1. Viewed the movie America Revealed: The Food Machine. Answer the following questions for 5 points. How have farming techniques changed since WWII? How has this affected our environment and our health?2/14 If you missed the movie you can find it on u tube.
2. 2/14 If you missed today you need to answer the first assignment in your activity file. If is titled critical thinking Chapter 1. There are 2 questions and the first consists of a-I. 10 points.
3. Activity-Chemistry 10 pts. 2/16
4. Activity- Chemistry World Search 10 pts. 2/21
5. "Leave it to Beavers" movie. Answering the following questions. Why are beavers important to ecosystems? What is a keystone species? 2/23 5 points.
Exam 1 March 2nd.
Grades are posted below by class. You need to open the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and reference with the last 3 digits of your ID number. This indicates your overall grade; your activities and exam added together.You final grades are posted here.
Click on the link below to the textbook website to purchase iChapters.
You book is the 18th edition of Living in the Environment by G. Tyler Miller Jr/Scott Spoolman
(from this page go to math and science and then environmental science and find the correct edition)
website that matches your location to volunteering
Environmental Science notes
Notes are in powerpoint
Download a free powerpoint viewer program. This allows you to look at the slides even if you don't own Powerpoint.
scientific method powerpoint
Review sheet exam 1 in microsoft word format
Review sheet exam 2
Review sheet exam 3
Chapter 15 (nonrenewable)
Chapter 16 (renewable)
Directions via the freeway for our field trip. Directions coming from the school are indicated on your activity sheet.
Map Bolsa Chica
Amigos de Bolsa Chica website for those doing the Internet option look at the science and history section.
Field trip photos
Photos by Karl Kirkland and Angelica Castillo respectively. Spring 2015 field trip to Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve.
Spring 2015 Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve photo by Angela Wranic
Graduation- Texas State University San Marcos- May 13, 2016. Dr. Osvaldo Muniz (primary advisor) and Dr. Angela Wranic