Please include your time under the subject heading in your e mail.
Lecturer at Long Beach City College and California State University Long Beach
We need note takers. If you are interested please contact DSPS at the following link. You can now upload notes via the Internet and you get early registration .
If you are interested in taking notes for a student with a disability apply to the link provided below. You get priority registration or service hours with LBCC.
USC Topping scholarship information
Websites with blank maps
Transcripts What's Up With the Weather
Transcripts World in the Balance: The People Paradox
Transcripts An Inconvenient Truth
ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT CALCULATOR
Job information and college information for Environmental Science
Also our local universities have programs: CSULB B.A. and B.S. in Environmental Science and Policy and a closely related field B.A. in Geography, CSUF Masters in Environmental science
Other sources for looking at all colleges and degree programs is The College Blue Book. Which would be in a library.
Free view programs
Spring 2017 Syllabus
Activities that you will need to download or print
Activities pdf format
Activities Word format
I will keep a list of activities we do as we progress through the semester.
ACTIVITY LIST 3
1. Ecological footprint 4/25 10 points.
2. Bolsa Chica field trip notes Due 5/2 15 points
3. Fuel Effciency 10 pts 5/11
4. environmental awareness 10 pts 5/16
June 6th Exam 3
Presentations are 15 minutes long.
1. Endangered species land- Ally D, Marilyn S, Valerie S, Breanna C, Jessica T. May 23
National Parks –Karen A, Paizha G, Taylor S, Erika P, Delila M. May 23
2. 3. Energy efficiency Jake M, Elisabeth M, Topacio D, Odalys D. May 23
4. Artic national refuge-Jacky H., Corissa B., Brian Y, Emily A, May 23.
6. Acid rain- Crystal A, Brandon A, Stephanie V. May 25
Endangered species marine-Karen T, Ashley H, Mike F, Jesus V, Daniel A May 25
7. Food resources-Damale B. Erendida S., Malika S., Kevin D. May 25
1. Ozone loss-Yuki, Samantha A., Rosa M,. Malena H, Fred L, Diodre P. May 23
2. Endangered species marine-Sidney G., America I, Jose R. Clifford A., Kyle F. May 23
3. National parks-Olivia W, Spencer, Davetta, Chris J. May 23
4. Energy efficiency-Dennis H. Antonio G, Aaron D, Hancel P. May 23
5. Endangered species land-Regelio N, Juan C, Olivia G, Lorrie N, Jose M. May 25
6.7. Depletion of the rainforest-Stephanie L, Maya H, Ashley N. May 25
8. Pesticide use-Daisy T, Maria S, Frank N, Sebastian C, David L. May 25
Exxon Valdez-Doug S. May 25
Grades are posted below by class. You need to open the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and reference with the last 4 digits of your ID number. This indicates your overall grade; your activities and exam added together.
Click on the link below to the textbook website to purchase iChapters.
You book is the 18th edition of Living in the Environment by G. Tyler Miller Jr/Scott Spoolman
(from this page go to math and science and then environmental science and find the correct edition)
website that matches your location to volunteering
Environmental Science notes
Notes are in powerpoint
Download a free powerpoint viewer program. This allows you to look at the slides even if you don't own Powerpoint.
Review sheet exam 3
chapter 18 pdf
Chapter 15 (nonrenewable)
Chapter 15 pdf
Chapter 16 (renewable)
Chapter 16 pdf
Directions via the freeway for our field trip. Directions coming from the school are indicated on your activity sheet.
Map Bolsa Chica
Amigos de Bolsa Chica website for those doing the Internet option look at the science and history section.
Field trip photos
Photos by Karl Kirkland and Angelica Castillo respectively. Spring 2015 field trip to Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve.
Spring 2015 Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve photo by Angela Wranic
Graduation- Texas State University San Marcos- May 13, 2016. Dr. Osvaldo Muniz (primary advisor) and Dr. Angela Wranic